Monday, September 03, 2007

SLT Customer Care at their Best

I’ve uncovered some valuable information from the SLT ADSL customer care. I had a nice chat with one of their executives to fix a small problem.

Please find the information below;

I’ve noticed unusual delay when it comes to the responses with the SLT ADSL for the last couple of weeks.

It took two to three minutes to direct the traffic to SLT’s own web sites such as www.sltnet.lk & www.slt.lk.

I never escalate this to SLT’s customer care since it is worthless. But unfortunately last evening I dialed the 1243 (SLT’s customer care hotline) to escalate the issue.

SLT Customer Care: Ayubowan SLT ADSL
Me: Ayubowan
SLT Customer Care: What sort of information you are expecting from us sir?
Me: Actually I want to make a complaint
SLT Customer Care: Regarding what sir?
Me: I’ve noticed unusual delay in response with the ADSL for the last couple of weeks.
SLT Customer Care: What’s the exact issue sir?
Me: It’s simple as this. Pings to your own website routs through San Francisco, Palo Alto, France and sometimes via London. Can this be happened? Is it normal?
SLT Customer Care: Sir, install a virus guard and that will resolve your problem.
Me: Are you sure?
SLT Customer Care: Yeas. That is the issue behind this delay. Some of the viruses directing your traffic to weird locations.
Me: Hey, I am using my office notebook and it’s having a virus guard installed on it. Updated recently and done full systems scan already.
SLT Customer Care: After a long silence…. Do you have a spam guard, spyware detection tool installed on it?
Me: Hey this is my office notebook and I never observed such a horrible delay with your leased circuits and leased circuits provided by the lankacom. It seems this is coming up with your ADSL package. What sort of a priority you guys giving for the traffic comes from ADSL users?
SLT Customer Care: Hang up for a while… no answer… then disconnected the line…

Wow. What a customer care service they having?

Please keep it mind. These guys wanted you to install a virus guard, spyware & grayware detection tool installed and a spam guard available on your machine to use the SLT ADSL.

According to them after installing all those on your machine will solve the issue. Otherwise all your traffic to their own www.slt.lk will reach USA prior to redirect to their servers in SL.

Awesome….

3 comments :

Unknown said...

ive used the SLT ADSL customer care before. And those times i have to say they were pretty good. Their response time was good and their technicians seem to know what they are doing. Maybe you were unlucky enough to get caught to a guy who doesn't know much about these things.

nightmaresonwax said...

SLT customer service is useless.

Unknown said...

System Prompt
Welcome to use online customer service. What can I do for you?
My question 2014-10-27 09:26:48
Good morning.I have a slt family package and my downloading speed is 45kbps I didn´t even yous this connection for more than 5 months. I called slt and made an inquiry still no response please fix this soon
System Prompt
The system is busy now. To save your waiting time, you can leave a message. We will answer your message as soon as possible. Thanks!

QA Heaven © 2014
Powered by Hubwallet | Designed by Templateism.com | Plugins By MyBloggerLab.com